Tuesday, August 6, 2013

GOD CAN TURN A MESS INTO SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL


For those of you who read last Sunday's post you will know that my Dad was in the ICU in California. We all hope to never ever get that call, especially when you live in another state. I was getting ready Saturday morning to go to the Farmers Market with my two friends to hang out and take some pictures. My phone rang, my heart dropped and I instantly starting crying. Josh held me for awhile and told me that everything would be okay and that he loved me very much. Josh and I decided instead of paying the money for both of us to fly to California and board our dog, we would just leave early the next morning and drive there. So we packed everything up that night and left around 5am the next morning. The drive from Phoenix to California is only about 8 or 9 hours, but with my Dad on my mind it seemed like it was days. I just wanted to get there asap to see him and tell him I loved him. My brother got in the night before and was already there with my Dad. Once we arrived at the hospital, it was so heartbreaking to see my Dad. I just wanted to give him a great big hug, but it was hard because of the tube down his throat and all the other tubes that he had attached to him. I held his hand so very tight, told him I loved him and that I was here for him no matter what.

We were in California for an entire week and just got home last night. I am exhausted emotionally and physically. We spent all day every day at the hospital, with little breaks here and there to get some fresh air and eat. My Dad is still currently at the hospital still (and my brother was able to stay there longer with him) and hopefully will get released by the end of this week or next week. Day by day he is getting better and better. With everything that is happening, God has given me such an incredible amount of peace through all of this and has helped me to continue to press forward trusting and relying on Him. God's hands have been covered over this entire situation. There has been SO many blessings that have come out of all of this. I am in complete awe of just how good God is. He can turn a mess into something so very beautiful. He is always there even when you think He's not close enough. The best and biggest blessing out of all of them: My Dad is moving to Arizona!!!!!!  I still can't believe it! We have been trying and praying daily to get my Dad to move her for almost a year now! My brother is packing up a U-Haul while he is still in the hospital and once he is released they are driving here!  I just can't express how grateful I am and how good God is! I just want to sing and dance right now!

I also want to thank family, friends and even strangers who have prayed and are continuing to pray for my Dad and our family right now. I am so grateful and humbled by you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means so very much to me. I am sending hugs and kisses your way right now!

 It is my testimony, that if you are going through something hard right now or if you are waiting for an answer to your prayer(s)....keep trusting in God, keep pressing forward, keep believing, have faith.............and you will see God move. 

 


//On a side note....we begin our training classes to become foster parents tonight//


-KIMBERLY-

Labels: , , , , , , , ,