Monday, September 8, 2014

I Am a Mormon Monday: Meet Kaycee






A little about me! I live in Scottsdale, AZ for half of the year, and Oakland, CA the other half. My husband plays baseball for the Oakland Athletics, and we are a busy, traveling baseball family. Our life is pretty crazy [understatement], but we have been immensely blessed [also an understatement]. 

I was raised Mormon, but spent the majority of my young adult life away from the church. After getting married, my husband and I decided to start going to church. We weren’t like many of the stories you hear, where things were going terribly wrong, we had hit rock bottom and we needed to find something more. In fact, it was pretty much the complete opposite. Our life together was amazing, we had all we needed, and were very blessed and happy. Needless to say, we began going to church anyways and found exactly what we didn’t know we were looking for.

Being Mormon has brought nothing but happiness to my life. Following the teachings of Jesus Christ fills my life with joy, and helps me to have a long-term outlook on the day-to-day aspects of my life. I have never been happier than when I am living my life in a Christ-like way, and am so grateful for this church and it’s teachings in my life.

What is hope and what do you hope for?
For me, hope is the desire for something to happen. What do I hope for? Oh goodness. I might need the next 2,375 blog posts to answer that question! I think what I hope for most is complete happiness in my life. For a happy marriage, happy children, and to bring happiness to everyone that crosses my path. 

How do you live your faith?
I am not the type of person to hand a Book of Mormon out, or talk a lot specifically about my faith (unless of course someone asks!). I would like to think that I live my faith my living a good, Christ-like life and by being an example to those around me. Whether it’s helping someone in need, or simply being a good friend. I have been SO blessed by this church and am so grateful for it in my life.

Twitter: @kayceesogard
Instagram: Kayceesogard

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you would like to participate in I Am a Mormon Monday, please contact me!
bostonksox@gmail.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At September 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM , Blogger his little lady said...

Cutest Mormon around! ;)
Love getting to know you more through your faith!
xo TJ

http://www.hislittlelady.com

 
At September 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM , Blogger csuhpat1 said...

Being an A's fan, I have seen him play. He is a favorite here in the Bay. Very cool.

 
At September 8, 2014 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Nice!!

 
At September 8, 2014 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I agree ;) Thank you so much!

 
At September 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoyed reading it :) Love reading other peoples stories


www.studentswife.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home